Sr. Scientist, Translational IO
With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
General Position Overview:
We are seeking for an outstanding Senior Scientist who will be responsible for supporting the development, execution, and data analysis of exploratory pharmacodynamic (PD) endpoint and biomarkers as well as potential companion diagnostic strategies for multiple clinical development programs. A successful candidate will be interacting closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop translational research strategies and collaborate with the clinical team to implement the translational plan. This role will be a part of a multi-disciplinary team that will include building collaborations across functional areas with key internal and external partners representing Tizona’s programs.
Essential/Primary Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement biomarker strategies for projects emerging from the discovery pipeline.
- Plans and supports qualification, validation and implementation of bioanalytical and biomarker assays to be implemented in clinical trials.
- Manages multiple projects, works closely with project team, CROs and external vendors/contractors to ensure deliverables are met per the project timelines.
- Oversees review of data from contract laboratories. Leads on-site data-based review of contract partners at specified frequency and verifies data integrity. Serves as a key member of the Tizona team in the contract lab selection and qualification process.
- Analyzes and presents PD/biomarker data to cross-functional project teams and other stakeholders internally and externally.
- Has a strong grasp of the underlying science but able to take on additional operational responsibilities because of talent and indicated interest.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of challenges and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Expected to contribute to scientific literature, conferences and/or regulatory filings.
- Experienced in development of biomarker/PD assays, their implementation in clinical trials, and corresponding data analysis and interpretation
- Knowledge and experience with flow cytometry and various bioanalytical assays (e.g. immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, ligand binding assays), proteomic/genomic profiling, and data analysis tools/databases is highly desirable
- Must display strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Ph.D. or equivalent, in the field of immunology, cell and molecular biology, cancer biology, biochemistry, or related; industry experience in immuno-oncology highly desirable (title commensurate with experience)
- Individuals with MS degree and ≥ 5 years of relevant industry experience welcome to apply
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.