Scientist / Sr. Scientist, Protein Expression
With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
General Position Overview:
We are seeking a Scientist with a strong background in mammalian protein purification and characterization, in particular antibodies, antibody fragments and recombinant proteins at research scale. This Scientist should have experience with a broad range of protein production and analytical techniques, thinking creatively to design and troubleshoot purification schemes for difficult proteins. This role will coordinate closely with our antibody discovery, protein production, target validation and research project teams to advance all pipeline and clinical programs. This is a great opportunity for a scientist to develop managerial and leadership skills.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- This is a hands-on lab position, responsible for all protein and antibody production (purification and analytics) needs of the company, including management of protein inventory
- Manage and mentor a Senior Research Associate
- Maintain and lead the protein production lab, ensuring in-house capabilities (instrumentation and techniques) are up-to-date and meet the industry standard (quality, safety, efficiency)
- Design and implement purification schemes and protein analytics, present results, interpretation and next steps at research team meetings
- Stay abreast of new techniques and resources to enable production, purification and analytics of novel proteins
- Coordinate with external collaborators and vendors
- Proper experimental documentation
Experience / Professional Requirements:
- Ph.D. with 1+ years of industry experience or 3+ years of postdoctoral studies
- Broad experience with and knowledge of mammalian protein production and characterization techniques – mammalian transient expression systems (CHO, HEK293), protein purification, and analytical methods including HPLC, cIEX, SEC-MALS, Octet/ Biacore, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, basic molecular biology skills
- Highly motivated, innovation-focused, independent individual
- Highly collaborative and effective with multi-tasking
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Thrives in a fast paced and dynamic team environment; fast learning and adaptable
- Desirable skills: background in protein engineering, structure-based analysis to enable protein design, membrane protein expression, knowledge of antibody structure and engineering, mass spectrometry analysis
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.