Principal Scientist/Senior Principal Scientist
With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
General Position Overview:
Tizona is seeking an experienced and driven senior level scientist with a strong background in cancer immunology to join an innovative research team in a fast-paced discovery environment. Responsibilities will include identification and characterization of new therapeutics for modulation of the tumor microenvironment. The selected candidate will have deep knowledge in immunology and cancer research with extensive hands-on experience on identifying, validating, and characterizing novel immunological pathways and/or therapeutics. The successful candidate will have expertise in tumor associated myeloid, T cell and NK cell biology. In addition, a deep understanding of the tumor microenvironment and a track record of success in immune-oncology drug discovery. This is a key position at Tizona, and it offers great career advancement potential. This position requires hands-on lab work as well as managerial responsibilities. This scientist will work in a highly collaborative, innovative environment working with multiple teams across the company.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Works to identify and validate novel IO targets to advance the research pipeline
- Evaluates novel pathways and mechanisms for immunological therapeutic intervention
- Conceptualizes, designs, and executes both in vitro and ex vivo assays to assess mechanism of action of novel cancer immunotherapy agents
- Drive innovative therapeutic programs through a deep understanding of the immunology field and the application of established and new technologies and methods
- Manage discovery scientists
- Be part of the internal and external science community
- Develop and deliver scientific presentations and reports
- Work as part of a highly collaborative team
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Immunology or Immuno-Oncology, or related fields plus significant work experience in biotech/pharma industry
- Proficiency in a wide range of immunological laboratory techniques
- Experience with biologic therapeutics
- Ability to communicate scientific concepts and strategies effectively in a science setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to work across functions and across sites, and within academic and biotech collaborations
- Experience leading teams and managing scientists
- Effective at working in a highly collaborative environment
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.