Sr. Associate Scientist / Scientist
With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
General Position Overview:
The Senior Associate Scientist/Scientist will have a strong background in cancer immunology to focus on the discovery and characterization of novel cancer immunotherapy drug targets.These responsibilities may include running in vitro adaptive and innate immune assays, mouse in vivo mechanistic studies, and tumor models to identify and prioritize new cancer immunotherapeutic targets.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Conceptualizes, designs, and executes both in vitro and ex vivo assays to assess mechanism of action of novel cancer immunotherapy agents
- Collaborates cross-functionally and presents at intra- and inter-departmental meetings.
- Works to identify and validate novel IO targets to advance the research pipeline
- Support the discovery and advancement of novel cancer immunotherapies
- Experience with one or more of the following is strongly preferred:
- In vitro functional assays using primary human immune cells (e.g. MLR, T-cell proliferation, monocyte differentiation, etc.); experience with myeloid cell-based assays a plus
- Skilled in assay development/establishment and troubleshooting
- Experience with primary immune cell isolation and characterization by multi-parameter flow cytometry
- shRNA/CRISPR knockdown, lentiviral transduction, ELISA, and other molecular biology techniques
- Capable of designing and executing syngeneic tumor models
- Highly motivated, independent, and creative individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective at working in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong leadership skills, self-motivated, able to work independently, and adaptable to a dynamic environment
- Computer skills including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GraphPad Prism, and data organization tools
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A Ph.D. in Immunology or Cell Biology with post-doctoral or industry experience preferred.
- B.S. or M.S. degree with extensive (5+ years) biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience in cancer immunotherapy discovery and development.
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.