Here at Tizona Therapeutics, we value Patients First!
With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
We are seeking an energetic, analytical and detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join our finance team. This role will be an integral part of the team and in the day-to-day operations. The Senior Accountant will interact with individuals from across the organization and from different departments and should have a friendly and professional attitude. This role will report to the Accounting Manager.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the rest of the finance team on the monthly close process and will be responsible for areas such as cash and investments, fixed assets, prepaids, payroll and certain accruals.
- Assist during the monthly close process on other areas such as clinical accruals, and review of certain AP transactions.
- Responsible for the preparation of various schedules for the company’s annual audit related their areas of responsibility and for communicating directly with the audit team to resolve any questions they may have on these areas.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual 1099 forms for our vendors as well as other areas of tax compliance such as use taxes.
- Responsible for processing payroll twice monthly and resolving any payroll-related issues that may arise.
- Support other finance / ad hoc projects as necessary
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field and 2+ years of experience
- Good understanding of US GAAP, financial reporting and internal controls
- Excellent analytical skills and high level of proficiency with Excel required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are a must
- Life science company experience preferred
- Knowledge of SAP business one or other small business ERP’s preferred
- High level of integrity
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.