Scientist, Protein Sciences
Here at Tizona Therapeutics, we value Patients First!
With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
The successful development of immunotherapies represents one of the most important and exciting breakthroughs in cancer. Despite the recent progress in the field of immuno-oncology, existing immunotherapies are only effective in a relatively small number of patients and types of cancer – a limitation that we hope to overcome.
Tizona’s therapies are designed to modulate the activity of immunosuppressive cells by targeting the cell types and biological mechanisms responsible for immune suppression in the tumor microenvironment.
We are seeking for a talented, highly motivated Protein Scientist to join our collaborative efforts in the discovery and development of antibody therapeutics for novel immune-oncology targets. This position will report directly to the Group Leader of Protein Sciences in Antibody Development. The successful candidate will be offered a great career advancement potential with the main function of implementing new platforms in protein sciences and protein/antibody engineering. The job will require independently designing constructs, expressing and characterizing proteins / antibodies, as well as presenting data in project team meetings and managing CROs/vendors.
Essential/Primary Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design recombinant protein and antibody expression constructs for mammalian and insect cell expression systems
- Understand the biology and rationale behind protein/antibody design/engineering
- Develop and implement new protein/antibody expression and purification platforms
- Present results and interpretations in research project team meetings
- Proper documentation of reagent inventories, data and reports
- Manage CROs for outsourcing non-core activities
- Stay on top of the latest scientific developments in the fields of protein sciences and protein/antibody engineering
“Must-have” technical skills:
- Demonstrated ability to design expression constructs for novel and challenging proteins
- Proficient with molecular techniques such as site-directed mutagenesis, PCR, ligation independent cloning and experience with software such as VectorNTI or DNASTAR
- Experience in cell culture techniques including aseptic maintenance of cell lines and transient/stable transfection
- Expert in secreted protein purification using a variety of chromatography resins, methods and FPLC/HPLC systems
- Skilled in the techniques of protein characterization including SDS-PAGE, Western Blot and analytical SEC/IEX
- Strong understanding of protein chemistry, biophysics of protein-protein interactions and protein stability
- Knowledge in protein structures and experience with modeling software such as PyMOL
Technical skills that are desirable to have:
- Antibody engineering
- Membrane protein expression and purification
- Additional protein/antibody analytical methods including analytical HIC/RP-HPLC, SEC-MALS, DSF, DSC, analysis of binding affinity using Octet or Biacore
- Cell-based activity assays
- This is a Scientist level position for candidate with Ph.D. in Protein Biochemistry, Protein Engineering or related disciplines
- Post-doctoral or biotechnology industry experience is valued but not necessary
- Strong track record in biological research as indicated by publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Values great team relationships and be honest and open in communication
- Flexible and versatile with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities
- Capable of multitasking with great organizational skills
- Thrives in a fast paced and dynamic team environment; fast learning and adaptable
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.