Scientist, ImmunoOncology Discovery
Here at Tizona Therapeutics, we value Patients First!
With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
The successful development of immunotherapies represents one of the most important and exciting breakthroughs in cancer. Despite the recent progress in the field of immuno-oncology, existing immunotherapies are only effective in a relatively small number of patients and types of cancer – a limitation that we hope to overcome.
Tizona’s therapies are designed to modulate the activity of immunosuppressive cells by targeting the cell types and biological mechanisms responsible for immune suppression in the tumor microenvironment.
We are seeking a Scientist with a strong background in cancer immunology to focus on the discovery and characterization of novel cancer immunotherapy drug targets. These responsibilities may include the design and execution of in vitro adaptive and innate immune system assays, in vivo mechanistic studies and tumor models.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute in vitro and ex vivo assays to assess mechanism of action of novel cancer immunotherapy agents
- Support the discovery and advancement of novel cancer immunotherapies to advance the research pipeline
- Provide input on external immunotherapy product in-licensing opportunities
Experience / Professional Requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. degree with 8+ years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience in cancer immunotherapy discovery and development
Ph.D. or equivalent plus postdoctoral work in Immunology or Immuno-Oncology, or related fields.
- Experience with one or more of the following is strongly preferred:
- in vivo preclinical pharmacology models of cancer immunotherapy and immune modulation, including syngeneic tumor models. Should include experience investigating novel targets with limited known biology and/or establishing new assay systems
- In vitro functional assays using primary human immune; experience with T cell based or myeloid cell-based assays a plus
- Experience with primary immune cell isolation and characterization by multi-parameter flow cytometry
- Experience in analyzing large data sets (e.g. RNA-seq) using off-the-shelf tools is desirable
- Highly motivated, independent, and creative individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective at working in a highly collaborative environment
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.