Scientist, Antibody Discovery
Here at Tizona Therapeutics, we value Patients First!
With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
The successful development of immunotherapies represents one of the most important and exciting breakthroughs in cancer. Despite the recent progress in the field of immuno-oncology, existing immunotherapies are only effective in a relatively small number of patients and types of cancer – a limitation that we hope to overcome.
Tizona’s therapies are designed to modulate the activity of immunosuppressive cells by targeting the cell types and biological mechanisms responsible for immune suppression in the tumor microenvironment.
General Position Overview:
We are seeking a creative Scientist with a strong background in cellular assay development and molecular biology to develop new screening assays to enable therapeutic antibody discovery, optimization, and characterization. This role will coordinate closely with our biophysical/biochemical assay development scientists, our antibody discovery scientists, and project teams to help with new target validation and antibody developability activities. This role has great career advancement potential with leadership opportunities and will report to the Sr. Principal Scientist of Antibody Discovery
Key Job Responsibilties:
- Design, build, and develop cellular assays to support antibody discovery and new target selection with only high level guidance
- Support screening and characterization activities during antibody discovery, to enable preclinical development of lead assets
- Present results, interpretation, and next steps at research team meetings
- Stay abreast of new techniques and resources to enable antibody discovery
- Coordinate with external collaborators and vendors, as needed
- Proper experimental documentation
Education / Professional Requirements:
- Ph.D. with 1+ years of industry experience or 3+ years of postdoctoral studies
- Record in designing and establishing novel cell assays to measure activities such as signaling, metabolism, enzymatic activity, endocytosis, and/or transport; aseptic maintenance of cell lines and primary cells; proficiency in cellular manipulation such as transfection, electroporation, lentiviral infection, microscopy, CRISPR, and/or siRNA/shRNA knockdown
- Deep experience in molecular biology – (reporter) construct design, site-directed mutagenesis, PCR, cloning, sequencing
- Experience with techniques such as ELISA, MSD, FACS, Western Blot
- Highly motivated, innovation-focused, independent individual
- Highly collaborative and effective with multi-tasking
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast paced and dynamic team environment; fast learning and adaptable
- Desirable skills: experience with NGS, antibody-based cellular screening, management of CROs, understanding of cancer immunology, familiarity with antibody discovery strategies a plus (phage/yeast display, single B cell screening, hybridomas)
- Proficiency with software for DNA sequence/vector analysis, graphical data analysis, FACS plots, for example: Geneious Prime, Sequencer, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.