Research Associate/ Sr. Research Associate, Antibody Development and Engineering
With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
General Position Overview:
We are seeking a Research Associate or Senior Research Associate that will be responsible for purifying, characterizing, and checking for quality control of various antibodies or proteins. This position will require to work with cross-functional teams to support discovery and developmental programs at Tizona.
• Support the purification of antibodies and other protein needs.
• Characterize and quality control of proteins with analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, HPLC, Endotoxin, Octet/Biacore, thermal stability, etc.
• Maintenance and upkeep of machines such as AKTA and HPLC machines.
• A basic understanding of molecular techniques and sequence analysis.
• Distribute fulfillments of protein requests form a laboratory inventory system. • Maintain and document a laboratory notebook.
• Experience with using FPLC/HPLC systems is required.
• Working knowledge of protein expression processes with transient expression in mammalian CHO or HEK293 cells and aseptic techniques.
• Molecular cloning experience is desired.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently.
• Desire to work with other groups to contribute to development of new therapeutics.
• Highly motivated individual that is willing to learn new skills/techniques and problem solving.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• B.S with 2+ or M.S. in biology, biochemistry, or biomedical engineering with 1 + yrs of industry or related experience
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.