RA/SRA (Contract), Immunology
With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
General Position Overview:
We are seeking a Research Associate or Sr. Research Associate to join the Immuno-oncology team at Tizona. This role will support the development of our preclinical target pipeline and help characterize potential novel targets for Tizona.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute in vitro and ex vivo assays to assess mechanism of action of early-stage targets and novel immunotherapy agents
- Provide critical lab support and work in a collaborative cross-functional team to design, execute and troubleshoot experiments
- Generate, interpret, and present data to team
- Willingness to learn and adopt new experimental skills as needed
- Experience with one or more of the following is strongly preferred:
- In vitro functional assays using primary human immune cells (e.g., MLR, T-cell proliferation, suppression assays, macrophage polarization/differentiation, etc.); experience with myeloid cell-based assays is a plus
- Experience with cytokine analysis (ELISA, MSD, Intracellular cytokine staining, etc.)
- Experience with cell culture of established cell lines and isolation of primary immune cells from PBMCs
- Skilled in immune assay development, establishment, and troubleshooting
- Experience with mice and murine tumor models is a plus
- Maintain detailed record of experiments and results. Experience with electronic lab notebook is a plus.
- Highly motivated, independent, and creative individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective at working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong leadership skills, self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic environment.
- Computer skills including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. degree with 2+ years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience in cancer immunotherapy discovery and development.
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.