Here at Tizona Therapeutics, we value Patients First!
With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
The successful development of immunotherapies represents one of the most important and exciting breakthroughs in cancer. Despite the recent progress in the field of immuno-oncology, existing immunotherapies are only effective in a relatively small number of patients and types of cancer – a limitation that we hope to overcome.
Tizona’s therapies are designed to modulate the activity of immunosuppressive cells by targeting the cell types and biological mechanisms responsible for immune suppression in the tumor microenvironment.
We are seeking for an outstanding Director, Alliance Management that will be a cross-functional leader with experience in life sciences and has experience with global drug development. This role is responsible for managing Tizona’s strategic partnerships at all stages of the drug development process. The ideal candidate must be a solution-focused problem solver, able to manage multiple projects and priorities in a team-oriented environment.
Essential/Primary Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage complex, global program collaborations/partnerships at all stages of their life-cycle
- Set strategic plan with Team Leader to address partnering objectives and guide Tizona team to successful execution and delivery of overall contract and key partnership deliverables to support portfolio and corporate objectives
- Identify, understand, and ensure mechanisms are in place to enable effective communication and decision-making between Tizona and partners
- Work efficiently with internal functional teams (e.g., Research, Clinical, Operations) to drive activities with a partnership mindset and ensuring a common understanding of partnership obligations, contractual commitments and key partnership deliverables
- Ensure effectiveness and efficiency of joint governance for each collaboration/partnership and overall meeting management of joint team interactions
- Become expert on Tizona’s collaboration contractual agreements and ensure that decision making is informed by agreement terms with partner; provide strategic input to partnership agreement negotiations
- Interact and represent the program partnering strategy, status and deliverables to senior management, joint teams and governance
- Manage reporting of obligations or any events that can alter partnership value
- Establish trust, credibility and respect throughout Tizona and our partners
- As a member of the Tizona program management team, provide leadership in development and support of effective Program Management practices and decision making excellence
- Utilize cross-functional knowledge, business acumen and drug development experience to engage with scientific and business leaders across Tizona
- 6+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in biotech or pharmaceutical companies within Alliance Management or related functions
- Expertise in working and managing partnerships within biotech/pharmaceutical companies
- Established capability to operate in a dynamic, cross-functional, drug development environment with the abilty to work with technical experts
- Demonstrated diplomacy and negotiation capabilities in engaging business leaders from across the organization to drive decisions and influence behaviors
- Experience in interpreting and applying contractual terms to manage business relationships
- Experience in business development with licensing agreements and/or mergers & acquisitions
- Highly collaborative mindset and excellence in communication & interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; MBA, PhD or other advanced degree in Life Sciences or Business is a plus
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.