With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
General Position Overview:
The Associate Scientist will have a strong background in cancer immunology to focus on the discovery and characterization of novel drug targets. These responsibilities may include running in vitro adaptive and innate immune system assays, mouse in vivo mechanistic studies and tumor models to identify and prioritize new cancer immunotherapeutic targets.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute in vitro and ex vivo assays to assess mechanism of action of novel immunotherapy agents.
- Work with research team to identify and validate novel IO targets to advance the research pipeline.
- Provide critical lab support and work in a collaborative cross-functional team to design, execute and troubleshoot experiments.
- Generate, interpret, and present data to team.
- Willingness to learn and adopt new experimental skills as needed.
- Experience with one or more of the following is strongly preferred:
- In vitro functional assays using primary human immune cells (e.g., MLR, T-cell proliferation, suppression assays, macrophage polarization/differentiation, etc.); experience with myeloid cell-based assays a plus.
- Experience in cell line generation (overexpression and KO cells) and molecular based techniques (DNA/RNA isolation, qPCR etc.).
- Skilled in assay development/establishment and troubleshooting.
- Experience with primary immune cell isolation and characterization by multi-parameter flow cytometry.
- Experience with cytokine analysis (ICC, ELISA, MSD, Legendplex etc.).
- Experience with microscopy (IHC, IF, Confocal) and Incucyte.
- Experience working with mice is strongly preferred; injections (i.p., i.v., s.c.) and tumor measurements.
- Maintain detailed record of experiments and results. Experience with electronic lab notebook is a plus.
- Highly motivated, independent, and creative individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective at working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong leadership skills, self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic environment.
- Computer skills including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Prism, and FlowJo.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. degree with 5+ years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience in cancer immunotherapy discovery and development.
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.