AD/Director, Antibody Development & Engineering
Here at Tizona Therapeutics, we value Patients First!
With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
The successful development of immunotherapies represents one of the most important and exciting breakthroughs in cancer. Despite the recent progress in the field of immuno-oncology, existing immunotherapies are only effective in a relatively small number of patients and types of cancer – a limitation that we hope to overcome.
Tizona’s therapies are designed to modulate the activity of immunosuppressive cells by targeting the cell types and biological mechanisms responsible for immune suppression in the tumor microenvironment.
General Position Overview:
We are seeking a highly driven and innovative leader to guide and direct antibody discovery, engineering and optimization to advance Tizona’s pipeline of antibody therapeutic candidates. This position will report directly to the CTO and will have broad responsibilities for leading and mentoring a research group focused on the discovery and engineering of novel antibody drugs in addition to managing related external CROs to achieve early-stage pipeline objectives. The job will require in-depth knowledge and experience with state-of-the-art therapeutic antibody discovery and engineering. Demonstrated management and leadership skills are essential.
Essential/Primary Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor and develop a team of researchers.
- Direct therapeutic antibody discovery, lead selection, optimization, and engineering.
- Provide scientific and technical leadership within your team and cross-functionally.
- Manage workflow of the group to ensure quality, prioritization, and timeliness across multiple programs.
- Oversee and serve as a key scientific liaison with contract research organizations for antibody discovery, optimization and characterization.
- Lead and/or participate in multidisciplinary teams.
- Work closely to incorporate new technologies into the company and support technology integration across teams.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Foster cross-functional thinking and work collaboratively with multiple project teams to ensure Tizona Research objectives are met.
- Represent and discuss Tizona Research with senior leaders.
- Interact with lawyers to file patents and other intellectual property filings.
- PhD in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related field.
- Eight or more years of post-PhD experience in biotechnology therapeutic antibody development in industry.
- Leadership experience directing, mentoring, developing and setting priorities for multiple reports.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic environment as a leader, team member and individual contributor.
- In depth knowledge in diverse technologies for biologics discovery in including hybridoma antibody discovery, single B cell screening and in vitro (phage/yeast/mammalian) display technologies.
- Experienced in antibody engineering including affinity maturation, optimization for manufacturability and improved drug-like properties using structure-based rational, in vitro selection and antibody library design.
- Versed in the evaluation and screening for PTM risk, immunogenicity risk and developability assessment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and with experience leading a group and being responsible for multi-disciplinary projects.
- Demonstrated excellence in making key strategic decisions in support of broader business goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.