Here at Tizona Therapeutics, we value Patients First!
With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
We are seeking an energetic, analytical and detail-oriented Accounting Manager to join our finance team. This role will be an integral part of the team and in the day-to-day operations. The Accounting Manager will interact with individuals from across the organization and from different departments and should have a friendly and professional attitude. This role will report to the Controller.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the Controller on the monthly close process and will be responsible for preparing journal entries for more complex accounting areas including: equity, clinical trial accruals and manufacturing accruals.
- Coordinate with the clinical team on a month basis to obtain the information required for the clinical trial accrual entries and to update the finance team’s understanding of the process and model as required.
- Review entries prepared by the senior accountant for other areas including cash, fixed assets, prepaids and payroll.
- Responsible for the preparation of various schedules for the company’s annual audit related to their areas of responsibility and for being the main point of contact for the audit team and coordinating the annual audit process.
- Assist with the monthly and quarterly financial statement flux analysis
- Responsible for reviewing and managing the payroll and AP processes.
- The Accounting Manager will be involved in the Company’s annual budgeting process providing support to the Controller as needed
- Support other finance / ad hoc projects as necessary
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field and 4+ years of experience
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, financial reporting and internal controls
- Excellent analytical skills and high level of proficiency with Excel required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are a must
- Public accounting and auditing experience preferred
- CPA or similar qualification preferred
- High level of integrity
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.