Here at Tizona Therapeutics, we value Patients First!
With this goal in mind, Tizona develops next-generation immunotherapies.
The candidate will lead preclinical development efforts, generating in vitro adaptive and innate immune system assays, mouse in vivo mechanistic studies and tumor models to identify and prioritize new cancer immunotherapeutic targets. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in cancer immunology to focus on the discovery and evaluation of novel drug targets.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute in vitro and ex vivo assays to assess mechanism of action of novel immunotherapy agents.
- Work with research team to identify and validate novel IO targets to advance the research pipeline.
- Provide critical lab support and work in a collaborative cross-functional team to design, execute and troubleshoot experiments.
- Generate, interpret, and present data to team.
- Willingness to learn and adopt new experimental skills as needed.
Experience with the following is strongly preferred:
- Demonstrated track record of critical thinking and problem solving including assay development.
- In vitro functional assays using primary human immune cells (e.g., MLR, T-cell proliferation, suppression assays, macrophage polarization/differentiation, netosis assay, NK killing and degranulation, chemotaxis and migration assay etc.); experience with myeloid cell-based assays a plus.
- Experience in cell line generation (overexpression and KO cells) and molecular based techniques (DNA/RNA isolation, qPCR etc.).
- Experience with primary immune cell isolation and characterization by multi-parameter flow cytometry.
- Experience with cytokine analysis (ICC, ELISA, MSD, Legendplex etc.).
- Experience with microscopy (IHC, IF, Confocal) and Incucyte.
- Experience with murine tumor models
- Organization skills, recording and reporting of experiments and results.
- Computer skills including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Prism, and FlowJo.
- Highly motivated, independent, and creative individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective at working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong leadership skills, self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- PhD with 1+ years postdoctoral work experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience in cancer immunotherapy discovery and development.
Tizona Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing employees a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs.